My background: My first career was in healthcare as a people manager and this has given me a great understanding of people of all ages and class, and the pressures we are often put under in the workplace and our daily lives.
Experience and skills: I have a range of experience and skills which complement my practice.
I have experience in using mindfulness with clients and employees, to help enrich lives and reduce anxiety and depression.
I am a naturally creative person and am experienced in using a variety of creative techniques (including using objects, metaphors, sand and creative writing) to help clients access repressed feelings and explore their emotions.
I have worked with various charities as a volunteer counsellor, namely Redhill Counselling Centre, Carers Support West Sussex and Headway (acquired brain injuries).
Qualifications: I hold a Post-Graduate Diploma in TA Practice, offering therapeutic counselling. My private counselling practice is based at Meridian Osteopath, Railway Approach, East Grinstead, and at Silver Grey Clinic on the A22, Felbridge.
I am also working towards a separate Diploma in Trauma Therapy.
I have undertaken the following training:
- Transactional Analysis Counselling and Psychotherapy (4 years postgraduate qualification, 2015 to 2019)
- Mindfulness Diploma (completed January 2019)
- Diploma in Trauma Therapy (Pending. 2017 – present)
- Certificate in Trauma Therapy (completed 2017) including Trauma & Recovery, Severe & Complex Trauma, Trauma in Children, Attachment and Attachment Disorders
- Mental Health First Aid (completed 2016)
- Counselling Skills Level 2 (completed 2011)
- Masters in Creative Writing and Personal Development (completed 2005)
- BA (hons) English and Creative Studies (completed 2001)
I have experience in working with clients experiencing the following issues, and more:
- Grief & Loss
- Work-related issues
- Relationship difficulties
- Low self-esteem
- Low self-confidence
- Clients with life-changing brain injuries
- Carers who are caring for family members
I am fully insured, and I am supervised by a qualified and experienced Transactional Analysis Supervisor. I attend regular training to keep my skills and knowledge up to date.
I am an active member of UKATA, the professional body for TA psychotherapy. I write a regular column on creative writing and therapy for the quarterly magazine The Transactional Analyst.
I am also a member of EATA and Lapidus and adhere to their Code of Ethics and Professional Practice.