I am a fully trained psychotherapist and hold a Diploma in TA Practice (psychotherapy). My first career was in healthcare as a people manager and this has given me a great understanding of people of all ages and class, and the pressures we are often put under in the workplace and our daily lives.
Experience and skills: As well as the traditional ‘talking therapy’ techniques, I have a range of other skills which complement my practice.
I have experience in using mindfulness with clients and employees, to help enrich lives and reduce symptoms of anxiety and depression.
I am a naturally creative person and am experienced in using a variety of creative techniques (including using objects, metaphors, sand and creative writing) to help clients access repressed feelings and explore their emotions.
I have worked with various charities as a volunteer counsellor, namely Redhill Counselling Centre, Carers Support West Sussex and Headway (acquired brain injuries).
Qualifications: I hold a Diploma in TA Practice, offering therapeutic counselling. My private counselling practice is based at Meridian Osteopath, Railway Approach, East Grinstead (evenings), and at Silver Grey Clinic on the A22, Felbridge (daytimes).
I am also working towards a separate Diploma in Trauma Therapy.
In summary I have undertaken the following training:
- Transactional Analysis Counselling and Psychotherapy (4 years postgraduate qualification, 2015 to 2019)
- Mindfulness Diploma (completed January 2019)
- Counselling Children and Adolescents Certificate (August 2019)
- Diploma in Trauma Therapy (Pending. 2017 – present)
- Certificate in Trauma Therapy (completed 2017) including Trauma & Recovery, Severe & Complex Trauma, Trauma in Children, Attachment and Attachment Disorders
- Mental Health First Aid (completed 2016)
- Counselling Skills Level 2 (completed 2011)
- Masters in Creative Writing and Personal Development (completed 2005)
- BA (hons) English and Creative Studies (completed 2001)
I have experience in working with clients experiencing the following issues, and more:
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
- Social anxiety
- Low mood
- Trauma / PTSD
- Grief & Loss
- Work-related issues
- Relationship difficulties
- Family issues
- Low self-esteem
- Low self-confidence
- Self-harm in teens and adults
- Clients with life-changing brain injuries
- Carers who are caring for family members
I am fully insured, and I am supervised by a qualified and experienced Transactional Analysis Supervisor. I attend regular professional training to keep my skills and knowledge up to date.
I am an active member of UKATA, the professional body for TA psychotherapy. I write a regular column on creative writing and therapy for the quarterly magazine The Transactional Analyst.
I am also a member of EATA and Lapidus and adhere to their Code of Ethics and Professional Practice.