I am a fully trained psychotherapist and hold a Diploma in TA Practice (psychotherapy). My first career was in healthcare as a people manager for over ten years and this gave me a great understanding of people of all ages and backgrounds and the pressures we are often put under in the workplace and our daily lives.
Experience and skills: As well as the traditional ‘talking therapy’ techniques, I have a range of other skills to draw on which complement my practice such as using some CBT techniques and creativity.
I have experience in using mindfulness with clients and employees, to help enrich lives and reduce symptoms of anxiety and depression. I run workshops throughout the country on Mindfulness & Resilience for AXA PPP healthcare and AXA Group.
I am a naturally creative person and am experienced in using a variety of creative techniques (including using objects, metaphors, sand and creative writing) to help clients access repressed feelings and explore their emotions.
I have worked with the following charities as a volunteer counsellor: Redhill Counselling Centre, Carers Support West Sussex and Headway (acquired brain injuries).
Qualifications: I hold a UKATA Diploma in TA Practice (psychotherapy).
My counselling and psychotherapy practice is based at Silver Grey Clinic on the A22, Felbridge.
I have recently successfully completed a separate Diploma in Trauma Therapy.
In summary I have undertaken the following training:
- Transactional Analysis Counselling and Psychotherapy (4 years postgraduate qualification, 2015 to 2019)
- Diploma in Trauma Therapy (completed June 2020)
- Working with Couples in Therapy (August 2020)
- Working Therapeutically with Teenagers (August 2020)
- Working Therapeutically in an Educational Setting (August 2020)
- Mindfulness Diploma (January 2019)
- Counselling Children and Adolescents Certificate (August 2019)
- Certificate in Trauma Therapy (completed 2017) including Trauma & Recovery, Severe & Complex Trauma, Trauma in Children, Attachment and Attachment Disorders
- Mental Health First Aid (completed 2016)
- Counselling Skills Level 2 (completed 2011)
- Masters in Creative Writing and Personal Development (completed 2005)
- BA (hons) English and Creative Studies (completed 2001)
I have experience in working with clients experiencing the following issues, and more:
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
- Social anxiety
- Low mood
- Trauma / PTSD
- Grief & Loss
- Work-related issues
- Relationship difficulties
- Family issues
- Low self-esteem
- Low self-confidence
- Self-harm in teens and adults
- Clients with life-changing brain injuries
- Carers who are caring for family members
I am fully insured, DBS checked and am supervised by a qualified and experienced Transactional Analysis Supervisor & Trainer. I attend regular professional training to keep my skills and knowledge up to date.
I am an active member of UKATA, the professional body for TA psychotherapy. I write a regular column on creative writing and therapy for their quarterly magazine The Transactional Analyst. I am also Book Reviews Editor for the magazine.
I am also a member of EATA, BACP, ITAA and Lapidus and I adhere to their Code of Ethics and Professional Practice.